Welcome to SMA Bangkok
If you are considering studying at SMA in Bangkok, then you are probably asking yourself many questions in relation to your stay in Thailand.
Below we have answered the most frequent questions, but please contact us if you need further information.
SMA is a 100% international school, so we only teach in English and all materials are in English.
The instructors at SMA are all senior artists with many years experience and they are all certified by SMA to our standards and methods. The instructors have different nationalities, but all classes are taught in English.
Most nationalities should apply from their home country for a TOURIST visa.
Please contact the Thai Embassy or Consulate in your country or ask a visa agent to clarify what the tourist visa options are for your nationality.
SMA provides invitation letters and other supporting documents if required by the Thai Embassy or Consulate in your country.
From our experience these are the rules for Tourist Visas to Thailand at the moment, but please be sure to check with your local Thai Embassy or Consulate:
- American Citizens: 60 days + 30 days extension
- Bangladeshi citizens: 60 days + 7 days extension
- Burmese Citizens: 60 days + 30 days extension
- Ethiopian Citizens: 60 days + 30 days extension
- EU Citizens: 60 days + 30 days extension
- Indian Citizens: 60 days + 7 days extension
- Nepali Citizens: 60 days + 30 days (please contact SMA for further info)
- Vietnamese Citizens: 60 days + 30 days extension
- Other nationalities, please contact the Thai Embassy or Consulate in your country for directions.
Accommodation is not included in the course fee, but we recommend safe, clean and affordable accommodation options in walking distance of the academy. Please see the list of recommended accommodation options here.
Food is not included in the course fees, however in SMA’s building there is a Thai food court on 2nd floor with a variety of food options for approximately 50 THB per meal.
Outside of school there is a fountain of food options are very affordable rates, but it all depends on your standards and choices.
Thailand and Bangkok is considered safe. Since 2013 we have had more than 600 students travelling to SMA in Bangkok and we have experienced no issues in relation to students’ safety in Bangkok. Please read more here or here.
Tourist in Thailand
There are a multitude of options for students to experience Thailand throughout their education. Read all about what you can experience in Bangkok here.
- More than 40 nationalities study at SMA every year.
- All the SMA schools are owned and directly managed by the founding partners Eva and Hilde from Norway.
- SMA is the leading makeup school in Asia with branches in Bangkok, Bangalore, Delhi, Pune and Yangon.
WHY SHOULD YOU CHOOSE SMA?
- Only the best International SMA Certified Instructors.
- Full time education: 7-8 hours professional training per day.
- NO surprise cost or extra fees. All makeup, brushes, equipment and materials are included in the course fee.
- ONLY original FDA approved products.
- Internationally recognised certification from SMA – Scandinavian Makeup Academy
“I love it here at the school. Just the thought of the course ending makes me sad. The school and the teachers are amazing and super professional, but we can still have fun and laugh. I’ve made friends for life among my fellow students. Everyone are so sweet and we are having a great time. I’ve learned so much at SMA. Feel blessed every day to wake up and go the the best school with the best teachers.
“It has been a transforming experience, 3 months of variety of makeup courses including special effects and fantasy that no school in Thailand offers. It’s been a great journey and we were blessed to have experienced and super talented teachers to guide us! Thank you for having us Scandinavian Makeup Academy!”
“The school is great, the teachers are top notch pros and truly passionate about teaching and helping students to grow. They cover every angle of the beauty industry, and it’s 7 hours a day of intense study, hands on training and photo shoots. I had one of the best experiences of my life at Scandinavian Makeup Academy..!”